“I’m a Pediatrician at the Albertville-St. Michael Clinic.”
- Stellis Health – Albertville-St. Michael Clinic, March 2008 – present
- Urgent Care for Kids & South Lake Pediatrics, November 2007 – March 2008
- Park Nicollet Clinic, Plymouth, MN – January 2001 – June 2007
- Residency – Pediatric, University of Minnesota
- Medical School – University of Minnesota
- College of Biologic Sciences – University of Minnesota
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics
- Board Certified – American Board of Pediatrics
- University of Minnesota Alumni, College of Biologic Sciences
My initial education was a degree from the College of Biologic Sciences at the University of Minnesota. This was a great fit for me and I really enjoyed the school. Medical school at the University of Minnesota was excellent for developing close friendships which help meet the difficulties and challenges of learning medicine. My Pediatric Residency was also at the University of Minnesota with every Tuesday Continuity Clinic at Hennepin County Medical Center Clinics.
I worked for seven years at Park Nicollet Clinic in Plymouth with rounding at Methodist Hospital in St. Louis Park. My wife and I raised our son, Kurt, in North Minneapolis and had many opportunities for travel as well. Together, we completed 3 volunteer medical trips to different areas of China which was exciting, challenging, and educational. Teresa, my wife, has continued doing another trip to China and five volunteer trips to Guatemala.
More recently, I have been attending “Mind/Body Seminars” in Florida, focusing on teaching the value of meditation and mindfulness in supporting personal health and healing. This has led to beginning yoga 3–4 times per week since May of 2012. I am re-experiencing the challenges of being a beginner once again with yoga being a completely new experience for me. I find that this is helping me learn patience and trust in a world of medicine that tends to be very fast and full of technology. As I learn to be calm and connected within myself, the goal is to be more present and aware with families in the clinic and hospital.
This is a piece of who I am and hopefully gives you some understanding of my background and focus on healing in the Albertville-St. Michael Clinic. Thanks for listening!